Our Name & History
Many often wonder about our name, “Midway Grill”. Midway was the original name for the town of Coatesville. It was called Midway because the town is located “midway” between Lancaster and Philadelphia and was the primary stop for anyone traveling between the two cities back in the early 1800′s.
The Midway Grill was established in 1955 when George Lalogos purchased a hot dog shop that was located in Coatsville since the 1920′s. The Zambaras brothers, Constantinos and Theodore, acquired the Midway Grill in 1966 and it has been in our family ever since. We are no longer affiliated with the Coatesville location.
We moved to our current location in Thorndale in 2003 and have been proud to bring the famous Midway hot dog & cole slaw. And many other delicious soups, sandwiches & platters to the Thorndale area. Come in and become part of the Midway family!